How do you make sure the horse that shows up is actually the one entered in the race? Meet Peggy Seaman, the Horse Identifier at Harrah's Philadelphia since 2006. Nothing gets by Peggy. Nothing. She not only makes sure it's the right horse, but that the horse is wearing exactly the right equipment.
We're jam-packed this week with racing action from the Hambletonian to Harrah's including...
· The hottest clips from Hambletonian day at NJ's The Meadowlands, and which of those amazing horses you can look forward to seeing in PA.
· PA Sire Stakes races are heating up, and we've got the most thrilling moments from the past week.
· We talk to driver Corey Callahan about rising star Love Me Some Lou, and driver Tim Tetrick talks about fast freshman Crimson And Chrome, which he also owns and bred.
· Plus, go behind the scenes with driver Marcus Miller who shows us the anatomy of a race bike...we go into the paddock with Peggy Seaman, who has a unique job as the horse identifier at Harrah's...Heather serves up a fun Brain Twister...and we say a bittersweet goodbye to the world's oldest horse.
Meet Dial Or Nodial—assuming you don't know him already. This pacer has a heart of gold and nerves of steel and has been winning big-money races for years. And he's still winning, picking up a victory just last week at Harrah's Philadelphia in a speedy 1:52.2.
“He’s a little bit of a special horse to everybody involved,” trainer Jim Campbell told Standardbred Canada back in 2011 after Dial had already won 15 of 47 career races and earned $1,012,257. “Mr. Siegel raised the horse. He was a good two-year-old and one of the top three-year-olds until he got hurt. Then he came back last year and showed that he’s a class horse. He’s one of those horses that is just a real nice horse to be around. You can’t help but love him." We love him too.
From the Meadows to the Meadowlands, we're covering all the action on harness racing's hottest circuit including...
· It's Hambo time!!! And this week's Guest Handicapper is the perfect guy to give us his picks...former Hambletonian winning driver and trainer Todd Schadel.
· Out west, we check out Dorsoduro Hanover's victory in the Adios and talk to driver Matt Kakaley about his first Adios win.
· Our Race of the Week from Pocono features Shartin N and driver Tim Tetrick competing in the Great Northeast Series at Pocono, while Harrah's Philly sees a down-to-the-wire between drivers Brett Miller and George Napolitano Jr. with Bully Pulpit and Messi.
· We've also got a fun Brain Twister to noodle on, a peek behind the scenes with Harrah's track announcer Mike Bozich, some horse cuteness courtesy of the Interweb on What's Trending and more!
-----------------------PA Harness Week